Saturday, March 20, 2010

Centerpiece Inspirations

It has been a busy week, yet again, but will hopefully have a surprise to share by the beginning of this next week! It has been a lazy day in Chicago, considering Mother Nature is giving us one more "F You" with snow flurries today. Never mind that it was 60 degrees yesterday!
Even though I have been loafing around the house, I managed to remember that the resale shop that only opens up every other week was having a sale today. I had thirty minutes left by the time I got there and had no idea what I was looking for, I just knew that I was looking for more to fill centerpieces. That is when I can across these little beauties:


They were all from a private collection someone had just dropped off this week. They are all little wick lamps that I thought went perfectly with the romantic antique setting that our venue provides. I love the last little ones that look like fireplaces! I think they will perfectly compliment the terrariums sitting next to them. The woman selling them to me had said the owner brought them over from England.


I also found this interesting piece that caught my eye with the funky shape and color.
I was told that it is a white wine holder that you put the ice in the side vessel so that you can keep it chilled without watering it down. For this and 11 of the candles I paid $36!

My idea  for all of these is to get a single rose or a small bunch to have coming out of them. I could probably try to light them (some need new wicks), but I really like the idea of using them more for decoration. 

Another great thing that happened was that I finally got my shoes in the mail and since I gave in and showed them to Jonathan, I thought I would post them here, too:



They are very comfortable and my something blue! I got to test them out because I went to have my dress bustled and it took the woman nearly an hour and a half to shorten and pin it! Much patience needed for that. 
However, I am very happy with the finished product and I should be going back in for a second fitting sometime next week.

I will try to get back to blogging more in the next week. My mind in always working with the wedding in one way or another and it helps to get it all out! 




2 comments:

  1. OMG HEATHER. I'm so glad you made it before it closed! What amazing finds! I def want to go with you next time they're open after the wedding and etc. are over. This place sounds great. And these are going to be so great with the terrariums! Great find & buys! And YEE for the shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I LOVE the oil lamps and cannot believe you got them so cheaply. Perfect idea. As for the shoes, I am simply SPEECHLESS......gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete