Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A tasty idea

When I was making my color palette to send to the woman who is creating our STD's (save the dates), she commented on how the colors remind her of the movie Marie Antoinette by Sophia Coppola.


I created my color palette on a really fun site called colourlovers.com



The movie had a lot of criticism for historical accuracy, too slow, blah blah blah... but it makes me feel so good to watch it! It is absolutely beautiful and the music is amazing.
Anyways...it got me thinking of other ways to incorporate the colors and the movie into my planning. That is when I came across these little beauties:







French Macaroons! These favors are becoming quite popular if you go the edible route. I was looking into pricing and these little guys are expensive! Luckily, have some time to try a few things out, so in the next few weeks I am going to attempt to bake them.
Don't worry, for anyone who knows Jonathan's baking skills, there is an emphasis on I so that there won't be any repeats of his famous homecoming party cakes!
Fortunately, I work with some pretty talented bakers, so I'm sure I can pick their brains for the best recipe to try.
The cost of favors would be in my favor, haha!

Has anyone attempted these?

2 comments:

  1. My baking skills are still being honed...you just wait and I'm going to bake a cake as big as your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those look amazing!

    Jonathan's comment reminds me of the Swedish chef muppet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs64GvGgPU .

    ReplyDelete