Wednesday, August 11, 2010

1,000 apologies

So, apparently enjoying married life equals not updating my blog for way too long! Sorry, everybody.
Today marks the first day of Ramadan, which I participate in with Jonathan. For those of you who don't know the cycle, it is 30 days of only eating while the sun is down. I will probably be blogging much more now that I won't be seeking out food for my hour lunch break.
Let's see, in the last month we have...
Competed in Muddy Buddy:
This was a 6 mile race that we switched between biking and running as a team, then hurled ourselves through a huge mud pit, seen here.

It was super foggy when we started the race at 7am and it was an hour away, so we had to leave at 4:30 in the morning from our house! Totally worth it.

We also attended Lollapolooza here in Chicago, which was a blast!
I was really excited to see Lady Gaga, but now that I have, I wish that I hadn't. That will be a post for another day this week, since I have more to say on that.

This post is bouncing around a lot, but is more like word vomit, since I haven't been on in so long. I had actually started a blog post the day after my last one in July, so I will leave with that for now.

The post was going to be titled something quircky and profound about what I have learned and have yet to learn, but I will let you make your own decisions on what it would have been called

It has been 2 years since I graduated from college and moved up here to Chicago. 2 years isn’t a lot of time, but much has changed in my life. The move, the marriage, 3 jobs, and 1 new cat are among a few of those things. In this time I have dropped 15 pounds, become a much better rock climber, and have started to become more organized, in general. These changes certainly don’t make me brilliant or unusual, but it has taught me a lot of little lessons about myself and about the world, quickly. I thought I would share a few of those now:



1. It isn’t where you intend to go, but where you end up that counts

2. I like things to be cleaner and neater than I am normally able to accomplish

3. My life is much better simplified

4. Always get important things in writing (and make a copy)

5. No amount of clothing or accessories will make you more or less beautiful

6. I want to keep a job that won’t keep me there for more than 45 hours a week(on average) , unless it is my own business

7. Compromising in decisions isn’t as awful as I thought it would be

8. If I haven’t had sleep or food, no one can make me happy

9. I like to obsess over ridiculous, cute things even though it is illogical to have them at the moment(French bulldogs, roof decks, houses in Austin)

10. A “thank you” and a smile can get you out of many situations

11. In my case, being drunk is always a better idea than in actual practice

Bye for now, blogger friends!

1 comment: