Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Officially Obsessed

I haven't mentioned it yet, but I have been fasting with Jonathan for Ramadan. For those who don't know, Ramadan is a 30 day fast, where you do not eat from sun-up (around 4:30am) to sun-down(around 7:30pm). Surprisingly, after the first 10 days you get pretty used to it.
However, this does not stop me from having really obsessive thoughts about delicious food. I was thinking of all of the amazing treats we had in Spain on our honeymoon and have spent the last 45 minutes trying to find a particular recipe of a dish, as I am now pretty sure the restaurant made up on their own.
This obsession is also relevant to the fact that we will be going back to Texas tomorrow for a long weekend. I should be thinking of ways to spend time with all of my loved ones, but mostly, I have been carefully planning out where I want to go for every meal!
So, as I have no better things to do on my "lunch" break, let's take a gastronomical journey through our honeymoon. 

Breakfast


This is pretty much what I ate every morning we were in Mallorca for a week. Goat cheeses of various textures with fresh bread.

In the city, we went for the old standby of cafe con leche and croissants. Not pictured is the even more amazing chocolate croissant that is always an upgraded choice!


Morning Snack



Raspberry Chocolate Tart. duh.

Lunch


No, not my hamberguesa, that was Jonathan's and it was the size of his head and it had a fried egg on it! Scary.
I opted for the "bocadillo" sandwich with jamon serrano and a semi-firm cheese. Also, seen here is a staple of my Spanish diet, Coca Cola Lite. Not to be mistaken for Diet Coke, Coca Cola Lite is a-mazing and I even managed to smuggle back a six-pack, which I rationed out carefully to myself.
Those patatas bravas in the middle of us were also much better than the ones I've had before, as the sauce really makes it a hit-or-miss item.

OR

This, my friends, is THE meal.  Jonathan was the smarter of us and order the elusive dish that I cannot find on the internets ANYWHERE!
It was a baked fish with delicious seasoning on a bed of french fries. And, I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining things, but I believe there was a fried egg in between the fish and the fries.
My fresh pasta with crazy amounts of cheese was a pretty good contender, but could not surpass the dish of awesomeness.
To accompany, Mallorcan aioli, olives, and bread.
Oh yeah, and wine. Let's not forget the wine.

Afternoon Snack



Churros and Hot Chocolate. Double Duh.

Dinner

We didn't get a lot of dinner pictures, but we did end up making quite a few of our dinners at our cottage, which was really fun.






Everything was so good and the main reason I want to go back is to eat. My fat kid heart is on my sleeve today, if you couldn't tell.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Jonathan's mystery item looks even better than I had pictured. Also, the churros!!!! I think my favorite is cooking in the cottage, though. Even if I'm GOAT CHEESE ANYTHING. That you all got to cook at your cottage and shop in local grocery stores is pretty much the greatest ever.

    ReplyDelete