Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Weekend and other stuff that has been keeping me from the Internets

Oh, hi there. Work has vastly picked up for me, as there have been many events in the past few months. Also, it isn't slowing down!
At the encouragement and help of Mairead, I wanted to post a recipe of these AMAZING cupcakes that I had the chance to make this last weekend. They take some time, but are soooo worth it.

Salted Caramel Cupcakes:


Here is the recipe I worked off of:

For a first time made-from-scratch cupcake baker, the directions were simple enough. It gives you directions for the cake, the frosting, and the filling (yes, salted caramel filled)!
The best advice I can give if you decide to make these is make the filling and icing first, as they will need time to cool in about the time it will take to make the cakes.

Another great thing happened this weeked: The question was finally answered if Sham would look like Jonathan if he grew a beard and had curly hair:


The answer is Yes! Very much so!






At one point, Sham had his back turned to me and I kept saying "Jonathan, Jonathan," to get his attention.
Please also notice the half-way ninja turtles costume. I had pants, but they were cut from a child's sized costume and might have been inaapropriate for climbing in!

To complete my overachieving halloween celebration, I spent a ridiculous amount of time carving a pumpkin for our building's contest:



It had a mohawk and press-on tattoos! I was pretty proud, but got won out by this:


Stupid Chilean miners, who even thinks of that?!
Kind of funny though that they used chilies. Also, it is hard to see from this angle, but I believe they used a lit-up bong as the tube to get from the top of the box to the pumpkin-mine.
Oh well, I will have to use my political wit and Fedex boxes to try and win next year.


1 comment:

  1. What a great summarizing post of your Halloween festivities! Your punkin is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete