Monday, November 8, 2010

Will Run for Chocolate and Fur Coats

This past weekend Jonathan and I ran our 15k by the lake in downtown Chicago. It was a Hot Chocolate themed event, so they gave us chocolate and fondue after the race. It sounded appealing at the time we signed up, but I could barely stomach the chocolate after the race!
A fellow Oak Parker that we know, Matt, ran in his wife's place, so we ran together until about mile 7. At this time my body said, "F-You! I didn't sign up to run in 40 degree weather!" So, the last two miles were a bit of a haul for me, but I still ran it in my personal best time at a pace of 9:59/ a mile. We were running at a 9:30 pace up until mile 7, but let's not talk about those dark 2 miles!
Excuse the grainieness of the picture, I jacked it off of the race photo site.

Jonathan was my momma kangaroo and supporter through the race, which was probably why I did so well. He had a hoodie with a front pouch on it, so I could strip down my clothing layers and he would store them until I needed them later. Mind you, he could run circles around me on this run, but he stayed with my pace and we finished together.

I also got an early Christmas present in the mail, due to a great find on Etsy.

Again, don't mind the orginal posting picture, I will have to update with one of my own.
It is a vintage fur capelet and I am in love! I don't count it as buying fur if it I'm buying it second-hand, but that's just my own logic.
 I have wanted something like this for a while now and it was a great price.

Busy week ahead of me. Found out I will be traveling to New York and Los Angeles/possibly San Francisco for work in the next month, so that should be fun and will give me more to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment