Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What is wrong with this picture?

I was browsing the daily discount emails I get on RueLaLa and came across a "sale" for a Birkin bag. For those of you without a mountain of money or those who don't watch Sex and the City, the Birkin bag is one of the most coveted purses in the fashion world. The bags have years of wait-lists to buy one and they sell for ridiculous prices.
I always knew they were expensive, but I didn't know how expensive. This is what I saw when I went to the "sale" website:



$19,000! And that is at a discounted rate! I had never actually checked the full price of these bags, so I went online to see what I could find. That is when I came across this:






They want $52,000 for a bag. Something I put my tampons and granola bar wrappers in. My favorite part of this though, is the advertising the seller used as an incentive. "Free Shipping!" Like someone out there is saying, "hmmm, I would buy this, but I really don't want to pay $12.50 for the handling fee."

No comments:

Post a Comment