Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Belated Christmas!

I hope the holidays has treated everyone well, so far! We just got back from Iowa today, which was nice and relaxing. Even though I didn't get a chance to travel back to Texas yet, Jonathan's family has been so good to me and I feel more and more of a bond with them. It was also nice to share a few of the wedding details with them, as I don't speak to them too often.
One thing that his brother liked was my decision about men's suits. I have never been a big fan of putting the wedding colors on men. I think black and white is the most masculine and formal way to go. My pet peeve is putting super feminine colors on men when it is not on their own accord. I have also always loved the skinny tie look on a man, but it might look silly on a bigger guy.




I am still debating on whether I even want to have boutonnieres made for them. I had looked into making a dried herb boutonniere, which is pretty easy to make, considering my semester of floral design in high school.



These lead me to my other thoughts of the moment, flowers.
The theme of the wedding (yes, I have a theme) is bringing nature indoors. Partly, this theme was chosen because of the way that Frank Lloyd Wright designed houses in this area, and since we are getting married at a prairie-style house, it only seems appropriate. Also, I just wanted the event to feel more natural to the surroundings and try to fit with the season.
One of the flowers that I see in a lot of neighbor's gardens is hydrangeas.  What is nice about these flowers is that they naturally come in a range of colors, they are fuller bodied, and they don't cost too much. I really like the idea of bridesmaid bouquets to be either white or pinkish colored hydrangeas, and for mine to have a few other types of flowers, along with them.






One last thing, I think I finally found my shoes! I don't want to jinx it though, because I haven't tried them on to see if they fit yet. I was wasting time on facebook the other day and those sneaky adds lead my to Overstock.com, where I found the last pair on sale, size 9.5. I normally wear between a 9 or 10, depending on the brand. I don't have a pair of shoes in this brand yet, so fingers crossed that they fit!
I will keep the update in those when they come in the mail.

Until next time, kids!




3 comments:

  1. LOVE the herb idea. you could also add a few appropriate sprigs to the girls flowers for a beatiful scent, and scatter on the tables, and attach to the wedding program and have a flower girl crown made and ... and... and....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the shoes! Love the dried herbs! And boys not in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to post on the shoes soon, but I got them in the mail last night and they fit!

    ReplyDelete