Monday, February 22, 2010

Feeling Nostalgic

Despite having a bumpy few days last week, the weekend turned out really well for both of us. We did Valentine's a weekend late, so that we could catch good deals on a room at our favorite hotel. I would have pictures of our amazing view downtown, but I forgot to put my battery in the camera...joy.
But, before that, we did two very important and special things this weekend!
1. Found our photographer. Her name is Stephanie Maurie and she is a girl around my age with an amazing portfolio. Here are some of the pictures she has done:

I wish I could show more, but her website doesn't allow me to save the images! Although, if you're curious enough, check out her website.
2. We found our wedding rings! Going with a suggestion from one of our good friends, we found a store with a good selection and came up with these:
Mine-

and his:


They don't match, but it is exactly what we wanted! Jonathan has always wanted a simple gold band, that mimics his father's, while I like a band with a little flair and matches my solitaire setting. I don't think I have posted my ring on here yet, but this is it:


So, as for the nostalgic part of the title, I have really been craving literary quotes. One of my favorite books that I have read is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. There are so many good parts to this book but this is my favorite. It is of a man apologizing for running out on a girl, for the hopes of being with an idolized woman and pursing a coveted career. 

"Katie, why do they always teach us that it's easy and evil to to do what we want and that we need discipline to restrain ourselves? It's the hardest thing in the world, to do what we want...As I wanted to marry you. Not as I want to sleep with some woman or get drunk. Those things are not even desires- they are things people do to escape from desires- because it's such a big responsibility, to really want something."
A quote that I found today was pretty good, too:

"You can smile when your heart is breaking because you’re a woman."
-The Other Boleyn Girl

Share your quote!



1 comment:

  1. I left a comment on this, but I guess it didn't save?

    So glad you all had such a productive week-late Valentine's day! Love the rings and also the chosen photographer!

    ReplyDelete