Monday, February 8, 2010

Restoration of Faith!

So, a few very positive things have happened since last post. For one, I found a florist that didn't rip me off! I'm very excited, especially because the quote is even bigger than the first two, but at a drasticly lower cost. When I got to the shop, the florist happened to have a bouquet made for a wedding that was similar to what I have been wanting. He also had a good stock of flowers, so when we talked about flowers going together, he could actually show me what they looked like side by side. This takes a load off of my plate, considering that I was actually thinking about making them myself.
I also got more of a variety in the bouquets than I thought I could afford, with tulips and hydrangeas for the girls and hydrangeas, roses, and peonies for myself.
These are a few example of the color palette and a close idea of what they may look like:

Another great thing that has happened in the last week is we secured our deposit on the cottage we are renting in Mallorca. It is in a small town called Fornalutx:
It is in a mountainous region, but about 15 minutes drive from the beach. It also is supposed to be one of the more picturesque towns on the island. We rented out this cottage for a week and I am so excited!
 
It is supposed to be a great place for hiking/climbing, so it should be nearly ideal for what we had in mind.
The next step this week is securing invitations. I have been working with the same girl who did our save the dates. I don't think I showed the STD's, but they turned out great:




They were, of course, just one strip. We also made them magnets, so they will last a little longer on people's fridges!
Anyways, the person I am working with, whom I found on Etsy, has been working on a custom invitation having to do with our cake topper:
(remember the cake topper?)



They are very sweet and I really like them, but I am still doing some price comparisons to make sure they will work within our budget.
For now, I am scheming for new ways to try out my kitchen aid. Any recipe suggestions? I would like to try and make something that isn't going to make us go into diabetic shock!




1 comment:

  1. YEEEEEEEE! Cottage booked! IT IS HAPPENING. So excited for you guys!

    Also, I love those invitations--I hope they work out, but if not, I'm sure what you go with will be super awesome, too!

    I can't believe I forgot how awesome the topper is!

    Also, those flowers are going to be gorgeous--love what you're going with.

    Will be back later this lunch with some recipes hopefully! Glad things are on the up up up.

    ReplyDelete