Wednesday, January 6, 2010

All that Glitters

As I mentioned the day before, this blog has been my "happy place" as far as being able to post inspiration and whatever catches my eye. Since my trolling began, there are a few sites that I regularly frequent, so I thought I would share some.
But before I do, I was having a thought today about what the "ideal" wedding is for a woman. When I was searching through dresses, I came across a few duplicates of the Sex and the City Dress. Now, don't get me wrong, the thought definitely crossed my mind if that was the route I wanted to go, but really, what would be personal about that?


It is unquestionably a beautiful dress, but I think it takes away the point of it being a day about you and your husband; rather, it is a day you got to wear the "sex and the city" dress.
However, I surely have my ideas of what a "bride" looks like. For not having liked my former step father at all, he had a mother that had some beautiful old gowns and a classic bridal portrait. I wish I could find that picture, but it has been stuck in my head as what a "bride" looks like.



Call me old-fashioned, but I love all of these pictures! I will say that when choosing my dress, I kept in mind a classic style.

Now, for the sites that I am a little obsessed with:

The Princess Blog is one of those site I happened upon that is an explosion of color and happiness. The girl that keeps it has a an affinity to the color pink and Disney World.






Another of the sites that I look at is Ghastly.

It is actually a girl that is a few years younger than me that I went to high school. It is a little angsty at times, but I appreciate her point of view. About 20% of her blog is pretty dark, but otherwise, interesting photos.


That is all for now.
Ohhh, and I heard back from Anthropologie and they are selling me the poms for around 15 poms/$25. It's not quite free, but a hell of a deal considering they normally cost about $10/pom or take about an hour to make just 1.
I'm picking them up today!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, those photos. Makes me feel less crazy/defensive when Sham teases me about how much time I spend flipping through other people's photos on Flickr. Inspiration is inspiration! LOVE.

    YAY! Great buy and find on the poms, Heather!

    P.S. The dress in the frame on the left? OMG. Love.

    ReplyDelete