Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ways to Remember

After a very productive email session, sparked by Mairead showing me the live stream of puppies, I have had a few ideas for wedding guest books and such.
Originally, I like this idea that I had seen on a DIY wedding site. I thought about asking one of my artist friends to make one for us:


The leaves are actually finger prints! You have guests sign their name under it. I think it is such a great idea because it is something you can frame and display, rather than having a book with just names in it.
Mairead and I also discussed terrariums and find even better ways of filling them. In this search, I came across this amazing print:



It is sooo sweet and I love the quote! Then I thought, well, should this be the print that we use for the center of our "guest picture" and have everyone sign the matting that we would put around it? Example being:




I thought that I would have to choose one or the other, but then I thought maybe we could do, just in different ways. We would do the tree with just names, then have an empty terrarium jar and the print on the table with a sign asking for love advice.


After the wedding, we could attach the best answers onto the matted frame for the print and...Voila! 2 pictures to hang and remind us of our special day.
Granted, I know that not everyone will do both, or either, but I would love to have some momentos!


2 comments:

  1. Ummm *I* and my indentured servant husband guy will definitely be doing both! So glad you're thinking about fun and creative stuff like this so you don't have to get just bogged down in the day-off details. You'll have these forever and they're going to look so great yee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps right now one of the puppies is kicking the other in the face. repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete