Sunday, January 24, 2010

Almost 3 months to go!



I'm watching Marie Antoinette again today. It just gives me peace to watch such a beautiful movie. It has been a busy past 2 weeks, as we traveled back to Texas for 5 days, then hit the ground running with work and wedding plans.
So, right before we left for Texas, I attended a meeting for work, which had quite a few wedding vendors that realized I was getting married in the area. I know these women were trying to help, but to these professionals, the idea of a home-grown wedding caused them to gawk and make many suggestions of how thing should be done.
By the end of the meeting I was scared that my wedding would be a disaster! Luckily, the trip home and a budget talk with my mom cleared the air and I am on a fast track to getting all of the details squared away!
Yesterday, I believe that I squared away a cake. We have a tasting on Tuesday, but I am very excited to have found a cake that I had in mind. I have wanted a fondant icing, three tiered cake with red velvet flavor and raspberry filling. The first cake below is the shape and simplicity I want, but the second is the color I was thinking of, a sea foam green.



On another note, flowers have been on the top of the list. I didn't realize that you had to book flowers so far in advance! I called the place I had in mind and they said they were booked through October!
I went to a local store that our business orders through a lot, which was nice because they did offer me a 15% discount on my oder, but the price seems a little outrageous, especially just for bouquets and 3 corsages.
One of the women that I had meet at the vendors meeting did point me in the direction of a photographer, which we are heavily considering. I think that I will bite the bullet and get a professional photographer, especially with the countless warnings of "you never get the moment again." I would still love my photographer friend to do day-afters.
I'm not sure if I have ever talked about the day-afters, but it is something that I really want to do and the reason why we didn't do engagement photos. Here are some done in and around Chicago:




I will be happy when we finalize the photographer!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah's mom is a professional photographer--not sure if she's done weddings, but might be something you want to look into? She'd no doubt know other prof photogs in Oak Park who do weddings a lot, too!

    Mmm... cake. I love the sea foam one! And not just because CHERRY BLOSSOM BRANCHES. I'm glad we're onto cake decisions. CRUCIAL.

    ReplyDelete