Monday, October 19, 2009

Crazy Family Weekend: Part 1

I have finally gotten a moment to breathe and document what will go down as one of the most memorable/crazy/fun weekends of my life!
It feels like weeks since I blogged, but that is because of all of the activity and lack of sleep that made up the last few days.

Thursday I picked up my mom, two aunts, and two bridesmaids from the airport. Along with 2 other girls from Chicago, we headed to Cleveland. Unfortunately, we hit traffic and with the time change it was around 1:15 am when we got to the store. Mairead, our MVP of the trip, volunteered to sit outside as soon as we got there. I slept for 2 hours and joined her, then from there the rest of the party came at different times. We were the fifth group in line, as the first group had started lining up at 3:30pm the day before!
Luckily, there was a photographer and multiple news stations on the scene, so this was well documented. my mom actually videotaped the experience, but it must be edited so that you can't see the dress I actually got before I put it on the internets.


They had a DJ out by 6:30am getting everyone amped up. Maris, Missy, and I even joined in on the fun, you can see the back of my tan jacket and Maris in the plaid.

Here we are before the doors open. Notice everyone's customized glitter crowns. Thanks for the help, Jonathan.

Our Clever shirts even made it on the photographer's website.

Running to the racks, notice my aunt Claudene, Maris, Tania, and me all on our crowns! Mairead taking what she can carry.

I was pointing to the girl that stripped down to her underwear. We think she just wanted an excuse to be naked in public.

This, of course, is not THE dress, but it was very pretty. Also, one of Maris' favorites. I will have to wait until after May to post the pictures of my dress, but I want to sooo badly.

There was also an interview I was a part of! Check it out:

1 comment:

  1. So. Awesome.

    Thanks so much for the invite and for joining me in the snow!

    ReplyDelete