Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Word of the day: Appreciation

I am currently in the middle of doing laundry/cleaning the house/baking a cake/switching from a car to a mini van/ trying to find a "bride" shirt that doesn't look God-awful/ about to go to a "special outing"(which i can only speak of later) and the only thing I can think of is how much I appreciate everyone that is currently in this crazy wedding planning/marion street cheese market working/ rock climbing whirlwind world of mine.
First off, we are having an engagement party that Missy initiated at a couple's house. This isn't just any house, it's beautiful and elegant and way too nice for us bums, but the Jones' are nice enough to take us in! Jonathan and I went over to their house last night to finalize plans for the party. As we were in discussion, Mr. Jones offers to pay for the wine. Mind you, he scoffs at paying for anything less than $10 a bottle. What a blessing! Not only have they taken initiative to host, purchase cups, plates, napkins, bake dessert, and provide coffee, but now they are helping us out with the wine! It is those types of people that I pursue to be.
Secondly, all of the people that are making their way here are not only so close to my heart, but it is just a sign of pure love to travel so far just to go on this crazy hunt with me on a 6 hour drive away from Chicago. The girls that have taken off work that live in Chicago have been ridiculously helpful, too. It blows my mind!
On another note, even though it has been a little crazy at work today, I left with having two of my managers helping me out in MAJOR ways. One got me a lead so that I can pass on my information and business card to 150 people, and the other took the time to cleverly find a way to track my sales through our tedious computer system. It makes my day to know that we are all looking out for one another!
Also, I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers at work, Yellow Roses of all things, and it turned out to be from my step-father, Richard! He apologized for not being able to travel here, but wished me luck on our search.
Lastly, Jonathan is always in need of thanks. He is definitely the 'giver' of this relationship, which in turn inspires me to be more giving. He cleans the house, brings me things at work when I leave them at home, loves on the cats (even though he has a disdain for animals that are not fully self-sustaining), and lastly, he carries me anywhere, anytime!

Well, I am planning on posting multiple blogs about this upcoming weekend, as there are many exciting things ahead!
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. hahahha Carries you anywhere, anytime.

    re: men loving on cats: KITTY PRIDE.

    YAY! Excited for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Hurrah for the spread of generous.

    (origin of kitty pride)

    ReplyDelete