Saturday, October 3, 2009

To invite, or not to invite...that is the question!

So, one of the initial steps of this whole planning process is to send out save the dates, then the invites. I didn't believe that STD's were very necessary until I started planning a wedding where NO family of ours lives.
I knew I didn't want to go too traditional with the cards, because we aren't traditional. So, I have been trolling the internets to find what would fit us best:


It would be great to incorporate something with bikes, since both Jonathan and I love our bikes (especially Jonathan)!
Also, I really liked these:





Notice the use of the cat on the last one! What a better way to represent us than to have Lady and Boo in the pictures, too? Now if I could just think of a way to incorporate bikes, cats, Jonathan, and me...

By the way, I found these on Etsy (my FAVORITE site, next to Facebook) and here  is the link to the DIY photobooth invites.

Before we send any of these out though, The List has to be made. Initially, Jonathan was like "let's invite everyone." I took a moment to breathe a few long breaths, than tried to delicately explain that, while that would be nice if we could throw a party for everyone we know, there are soooo many things wrong with that statement. For one, I, as a bride, don't want anyone dropping in on such a special day because they heard our cake was going to be "awesome." Nor do we have the budget to do that.
So, today, we are making the list! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. http://silhouetteblue.com/
    check her out. she's local and does custom work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I feel like if you do something like the last one, with so many different frames, that you could get a fun black and white shot of y'all on a tandem bike in there PLUS the cats PLUS photoboothy. It seems like the best way to get all the components you're torn between!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say the magnets + photobooth + making Boo and Lady hold signs in dresses is the way to go...bikes can come later maybe...

    p.s. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete